Tea Export in January-February 2024

July 10, 2024 No Comments Industry News ctma

Customs statistics show that China’s tea exports totaled 56765 tons in January-February 2024, an increase of 10.88% year-over-year. The value amounts to $222 million dollars, equal to a 11.67% decline year-on-year. Average price reaches 3.90 US dollars/kg, a decrease of 20.34% compared with that year-on-year.

By tea category, In January-February, the export of green tea reached 49060 tons, accounting for 86.4% of the total, an increase of 6213 tons or 14.5% on year-on-year basis; the export volume of black tea was 3387 tons, accounting for 6.0% of the total volume, a decrease of 876 tons (20.5% decrease); The oolong tea got to 2646 tons, accounting for 4.7% of the total export volume, a decrease of 155 tons (5.5%); The export volume of jasmine tea was 1228 tons, accounting for 2.2% of the total, an increase of 428 tons (4.6%); Pu’er tea had a total amount of 235 tons in export, 95 tons (28.7%) less than year-on-year. In addition, the export volume of white tea, dark tea and other scented tea reached 71 tons, 115 tons and 23 tons respectively.

About The Author